Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Dead part 2

This marks my second day in a row of me being hung-over. This ends now I think. Back to my afternoon tipple only. I did get to wear the Goat Coat last night though. Hooves and all, but no photos.

At least it's easy to work off the booze; Mountains are handy for that. This morning I went for a boot around the base of the Dome and found various items of interest that fit nicely into my newly decided upon theme.

Graves, it seems, are all over the place here. Step off the trail and there's a mound with a body several feet under the surface.






























Further along the 9th Ave. trail I came across this little gem of an abandoned, collapsed abode. The trail is called 9th ave because decades ago Dawson stretched up the mountainside. With the collapse of the Gold rush, the town shrunk, leaving bodies, houses and roads to fend for themselves.















Treecave!
















And, the last vestige of snow in town:





No comments: