Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Here we go


I've been here in Dawson for about 10 hours and so far I've done one lame drawing, assembled my bike (and stripped the head of my stem bolt), gone for a run, had a Yukon Amber Ale and made dinner from items left here by previous residency artists. Except for the crappy drawing, not a bad day so far.

There's no real night and in about 4 weeks the sun won't actually set at all. The birds seemingly love it as they sing all night long. Last night I was in Whitehorse (somewhere around 600K south of here) and I woke up at 3am to the sound of birds singing in the twilight.

I have no photos of birds singing in the twilight so for now, a shot out the window of my studio. There is one bird, perhaps a Red-Winged Blackbird, singing as I type this period.

4 comments:

shannongerard said...

Going to try and time my bike ride home today to catch the chirpy bird canopy in Trinity Bellwoods.

shannongerard said...

Also, that cabin is great. Matthea offered to help me find neat things along the road trip, including a tree house inn!

Scott Waters said...

Tree house... I got it covered though mine could only be used my travelling midgets as they take breaks from "performing" in bars.

shannongerard said...

eeeewwwww