Monday, June 14, 2010

Keeping it social

Paraguay and Italy: 1 all.

I had the Sourdough Saloon (home of The Toe) to myself today... No Euros around except for when Paraguay scored and all of a sudden there appeared a German tourist with a point and shoot to take a photo of the goal on replay. And then he was gone. Another game another crappy Warsteiner which, it turns out, is the only non-alcoholic beer in this town. I might give it a pass tomorrow though I have, however, been considering the Warsteiner shandy option.

There was one other German who sidled up to me and asked, "Is this where Jack London drank whiskey?" I didn't know though I will ask tomorrow when North Korea play Brazil.


Today's production: 1 puppy, 1 backpack, 1 headstone. Tomorrow is a writing day but it also a back to the dump day to try and find a Yukon license plate for
The Kid. I have some things to say about the ferry but not tonight.

I went out briefly tonight and walked straight into a conversation about the female equivalent of the bromance. I ordered a Warsteiner and did my part for gender specific lexicons but I should have just turned around.
Bromance, ugh. Let us speak of such things no more.

I just finished a tasty bowl of Corn Flakes and Life and am going to curl up in bed and watch an episode of Lost season 1. I do miss home but its markers, like cereal and Lost, as well as this blog, give me some sense of connection, false though they might be.






























No comments: