Tuesday, June 1, 2010

On the bike

In response to the previous post, I offer a small, and impossible to actually demonstrate, example of riding in Dawson. The principal point here: The is only up and down, there is (almost) no coast. For those in the know, a 160mm front disc brake is not enough, no sir. I almost never pick up any appreciable speed as I'm either grinding up a paved road to reach the trails or grinding the brakes on rooty, rock-filled trails that care not a whit for me being on 2 wheels. I ride by myself as I prefer it that way, but also I don't think there any any serious riders here who have grown pubic hair (apologies if you fit into both categories). A couple of times I've walked a section, not because I couldn't conceivably manage it, but the consequences when alone are just not worth the risk (or maybe I'm just lame). Here are th'photos:



Below, I try to take a shot while riding along a cutline. The actual trail is up ahead.































You'll note my name and the Beatrix Potter characters.

















Some fancy depth of field action as I take a break from the hairyness.












































Looking back up the trail. The seat is that far down for a reason.






















Once more, down.






















Thanks Monika and Jonah for getting the scoop on Dawson's trails. And thanks to Kale for ordering the many parts and super sweet frame that I'm taking advantage of.
The frame is great (as I hope the painting is).

Not long until Happy Hour.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The paintings is not having that much fun

Scott Waters said...

Well, who's fault is that? Maybe you should take it on a ride, or to the zoo.